XML-RPC is a remote procedure call which uses XML to to encode its calls and HTTP as a transport mechanism. XML-RPC can be called as a system which enable user to publish post from remote weblog client.
Though this function was added for user benefit, hacker or attacker try to send thousands of call to your server and try to make your website down. So if you are facing thousands of http request call, it would be beneficial to disable XML-RPC in WordPress.
We are going to mention Two ways with which you can disable your XML-RPC in WordPress
- Add the below code to your wp-config.php file.
- Add the below code .htaccess file.
# Block WordPress xmlrpc.php requests
deny from all
allow from 188.8.131.52
Using .htaccess you can allow your IP or particular IP and block rest of all.
Since, very few people use this system, it is better to turn it off.
This is common error which is caused by poor configuration of web hosting server. If your PHP setting is not configured properly you will receive error ” Missing a Temporary Folder” while uploading images on WordPress.
But do not worry, with simple tweak you can fix this problem on your WordPress website.
- First navigate wp-config.php file and edit it. Copy and paste the below code on it.
define('WP_TEMP_DIR', dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-content/temp/');
- Now go to /wp-content/ folder and create a new folder inside it. And name the new folder to “temp”
That’s all! you are done. If you are still having this issue you need to contact with your web hosting provider.
There are many other issue on WordPress, so we would like to recommend you to choose best web hosting company rather than choosing the cheap web hosting provider.
Keeping a full website backup safe on your computer will help you restore your website in case your web hosting server get crashed or get deleted unwillingly. Though Taregan IT keeps your website backup on weekly basis, it would more safer to keep backup yourself for future use. Today we will help you to learn, how to take a full website backup.
Follow the below steps to take a full website Backup on CPanel.
- Log on to your CPanel account.
- Navigate to “Backup” under Files.
- Now click on ” Download a Full Website Backup”.
- Click on “Generate Backup”.
- Now backup will be generated and then you can simply download it from home directory using file manager.